Egg cooking types - Char broil cooking grates - Now were cooking.
Egg Cooking Types
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- A category of people or things having common characteristics
- A person, thing, or event considered as a representative of such a category
- A person of a specified character or nature
- (type) a subdivision of a particular kind of thing; "what type of sculpture do you prefer?"
- (type) character: a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
- (type) write by means of a keyboard with types; "type the acceptance letter, please"
- An oval or round object laid by a female bird, reptile, fish, or invertebrate, usually containing a developing embryo. The eggs of birds are enclosed in a chalky shell, while those of reptiles are in a leathery membrane
- The female reproductive cell in animals and plants; an ovum
- throw eggs at
- An infertile egg, typically of the domestic hen, used for food
- animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes; especially the thin-shelled reproductive body laid by e.g. female birds
folding egg yolks into beaten egg whites
Lenna divides cakes into two types; butter cakes and sponge cakes.
Butter cakes are "made light by means of chemicals" which she explains as the same fermentation process as goes on in bread even though no yeast is included in the cake recipes.
Sponge cakes are made light by incorporated air expanding while in the oven. She tells us that "pastry flour (made from winter wheat) should be used if possible. If bread flour (spring wheat flour) is used, scant measure should be made."
the picture refers to technique used in basic sponge cake recipe. egg yolks and sugar are mixed and then added to egg whites. finally flour is folded in. "Care must be taken not to manipulate the materials too long, as this makes the cake tough." or flat !
lo-shee-fun like I've never tasted before
had lunch over the weekend at The Canteen over at Shaw Centre (a bistro-type of outlet from the Les Amis group) - this is one of their specialties - lo-shee-fun (or bi-tai-mak : thick short rice noodles is the only way to explain this) with diced century egg, cooked and well flavored minced pork, and a huge dollop of special XO sauce - mix the ingredients through the noodle, squeeze a bit of lime juice - and it's quite delicious... definitely worth a try if ever you're tired after shopping at Isetan and want a spot for a quick lunch
play cooking games for girls
serving cooking games
rachel ray cooking tools
cooking class invitation
recipes for home cooking
cooking food processor